Slim Granny Annex
Commission was to create a self-contained but linked annex within the side drive to a detached property.
The annex needed to include a living room with galley kitchen, a wet room and a bedroom with plenty of storage.
The main problem – at its narrowest the drive was 2.9m wide!
Price Lilford designed and managed the build using a double pitched roof and opening the inside of the space up to the roof line.
- Various roof lights to the pitched roof provides for very light and airy accommodation.
- Use of sun pipe provided natural light to the internal wet room
- Small solar panels on the roof lights power electric blinds and both the blinds and windows are controlled by remote control.
- Addition of a glazed bay to the rear bedroom and a small patio area outside created a real home from home.
- Granny now in place and very happy indeed.
- Remarkable what you can get into a 2.9m wide drive.